Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Super Heroes

Twin J: Super Monkey to the rescue!  With silliness power!

Twin M: Big Sister Monkey to the rescue!

The hours of parental frustration cannot touch the moments of pure joy, ecstasy, that only young children seem to posses.  Watching the boys so free and happy and unrestrained make parenting worthwhile.  In my adult life I feel like I've spent hours, days, weeks of my life trying to recapture a single free moment like these, but I suspect I never can.  I can, though, celebrate those perfect moments of happiness and freedom of my children and try and provide an environment so they can have as many of those moments as they possibly can.

2 comments:

  1. When my brother and I played superhero, he was always the last hero Mom would list. I made up for it, though, by always being Robin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I can fully classify my life as 'adult,' but I'm so physically close to my youth being in my parents house that I can almost reconnect with my youth. I think you're right though. The only way to experience that feeling is through kids because when you're older, it's all just nostalgia, which is a good thing on its own).

    ReplyDelete